Iodolab successfully passed its transition audit according to the new 2017 version of the NF EN ISO 17025 standard, which specifies the “general requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories”.
Since 19/12/2019, Iodolab has therefore been accredited by COFRAC according to version 2017, which imposes a new approach to quality management, a process approach known as “risk-based”.
Here is an overview of the main new features in the 2017 version of the NF EN ISO / IEC 17025 standard:
- The management of impartiality through a risk analysis,
- Clarification regarding confidentiality,
- A strengthening of the evaluation of external service providers, including subcontractors,
- A more impartial claims process,
- Requirements regarding the format of the report and the conditions for issuing a declaration of compliance and opinion/interpretation,
- Take into account the risks and opportunities related to the laboratory’s activities. This new approach corresponds to the same principle as the NF EN ISO 9001 standard “Requirements for quality management systems”.
Overall, this new version lightens the prescriptive requirements but reinforces the performance requirements.
Laboratories already accredited according to the 2005 version of the standard have until May 2020 to carry out their transition audit, with implementation of the new version of the standard no later than November 2020.