IODOLAB, a COFRAC-accredited veterinary laboratory, aims to meet the needs of the veterinary world in terms of nutritional analysis and exploration on various biological matrices. Thus, we contribute to bring advanced indicators of herd health to practising veterinarians.
Created in December 2003, IODOLAB moved in June 2007 to the site of the Lyon veterinary campus, VetAgro’Sup, for professional implantation. In 2021, IODOLAB took off and settled in Grézieu-la-Varenne in the west of Lyon.
Our development program is based on the determination of certain trace elements and electrolytes to evaluate the acid-base balance. We then developed our offer using inflammation markers and fat-soluble vitamins, and then antioxidant markers. In addition, the laboratory carries out pregnancy diagnostics on ruminants. Analytical methods can also be developed and validated on request.
The laboratory has obtained COFRAC accreditation to demonstrate its reliability and independence.
On 1st January 2017, IODOLAB was acquired by BIMEDA, an Irish family-owned group, a major player in the veterinary market, present in more than 75 countries, with nearly 1,000 employees, and in France since January 2014. Through this acquisition, BIMEDA wishes to contribute to the good development of the veterinary world. The nutritional and metabolic management of animals, whether individual or collective, is no longer just complementary, but becomes essential for the valorisation of veterinary know-how.
QUALITY and COFRAC ACCREDITATION
Since its creation, Iodolab has voluntarily applied a management system according to the NF ISO 17025 standard, although veterinary laboratories are not subject to any legal requirements. Indeed, Iodolab has always wanted to be a forerunner in raising the quality of veterinary services.
In 2014, Iodolab obtained COFRAC accreditation No. 1-5728 for its flagship inorganic iodine assay. Nevertheless, we apply the requirements of the standard to all our activities, so that all our analyses have the same reliability. In 2019, Iodolab successfully made the transition to NF EN ISO 17025:2017.
Through accreditation, Iodolab commits itself on various points:
- To work in complete impartiality and confidentiality.
- Ensuring the competence of all its personnel.
- Check the performance of equipment, reagents and consumables.
- Control and secure the work environment to ensure the integrity of personnel, analysis and customer data.
- Permanently prove the performance of analytical processes.
- Ensure continuity of service levels even in the event of an incident. Any operating anomaly leads to a search for causes and the implementation of action to prevent its occurrence.
- To comply with the deadlines for the results indicated in the service catalogue.
- To ensure customer satisfaction, while informing the customer of any post or pre-analytical deviation that could have an impact on the service or on the interpretation of the result.
- Manage risks and opportunities.
DirectorAs the head of the laboratory, she manages the customer relationship and makes your quotations. As technical director, Barbara also manages method development and validation.
Quality and metrology manager
Responsible for quality and metrology, Anne ensures the accreditation NF ISO 17025. She is also a technician, versatile on all assays and signs reports.
Technical Coordinator, Technician
Sarah,as technical coordinator is our reference in terms of follow-up and development of methods. She is versatile on all assays and can ensure the reception of samples.
Technician and HSE animator
Pauline is a technician, versatile on all dosages. She also ensures the reception of samples.
Pauline maintains and develops our HSE policy throughout the year.